Friday, October 3, 2014

Tool Time.. and no, not the Tim Allen/Al Borland show...


I got to see some eye-opening Web 2.0 tools demonstrated in both classes this week.  In AL, we presented our root-tracing exhibits and I saw some really creative projects!  From different avatars that were created with Morpho, Powtoons, and Voki ( prior to this assignment I didn't even know where to begin creating an avatar) to some really neat powerpoint and prezi tricks, I saw a lot of new things!

The tools didn't stop there,  in IT 21st Century we have an assignment called "Tool Time" in which we have to select a web 2.0 tool to present to the class.  The name Tool Time makes me reminiscent of that 90's sitcom "Home Improvement" and well, my childhood crush of JTT! lol
Anyway, back to tool time, Rachel shared "Quizlet" which is essentially an online index card study tool.  Very cool!! It seemed easy to use and a great way to learn vocabulary.  It also incorporated a few game-style ways of studying, which to me personally sounds way more fun than plain-old flashcards.

I am already noticing a trend in that I will be learning a LOT of new tools each week!

2 comments:

  1. I thought I was the only one who thought of Home Improvement when I first heard Tool Time!!!! Glad you enjoyed my presentation! And glad you're getting to work with some other great programs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, loved Tool Time!! Second, I heard of Quizlet before but never checked it out. After reading your blog, I just registered and can't wait to show my kids. Thank you for sharing that valuable tool!

    ReplyDelete